The crisp autumn air and earlier sunsets mean one thing: Halloween is just around the corner! There's no better way to get in the spooky spirit than soaking in your hot tub under the moonlight with friends. And what would a Halloween hot tub party be without creepy-themed cocktails and mocktails? We've gathered some frightfully delicious hot tub drink recipes that are sure to be a hit at your monster mash.
Scare Up Some Spirits with These Halloween Cocktails
When the jack-o'-lanterns light up and costumes come out, it's time for some Halloween cocktail potions! These spooky and spirited sippers are just the thing for your haunted hot tub soirée.
Our witch's brew may look positively poisonous, but it's delicious!
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 1/2 oz blue curacao
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Sprite or ginger ale
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka, peach schnapps, blue curacao, and cranberry juice.
- Top with Sprite or ginger ale.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
The combination of fruity liqueurs gives this brew its frightening green hue. The splash of Sprite lends some fizz and dilution to balance the sweetness.
Cast a spell on your guests with this scary-smooth black cocktail.
- 2 oz dark rum
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- Cranberry juice
- Orange slice for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add rum, coffee liqueur, and creme de cacao.
- Top with cranberry juice.
- Garnish with orange slice.
The coffee liqueur and dark rum blend into a pitch-black elixir, bewitching anyone who dares to take a sip. The sweetness of the creme de cacao rounds out the flavor.
Brave souls will love this dangerously strong Tiki cocktail.
- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz gold rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz overproof rum
- 1 oz passionfruit juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz falernum
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Mint sprig and lime wheel for garnish
- Fill a hurricane glass or tiki mug with crushed ice.
- Pour rums and fruit juices into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Strain into glass, top with more crushed ice.
- Float falernum and simple syrup on top.
- Garnish with mint and lime.
With four kinds of rum, this tiki drink is not for the faint of heart! Passionfruit juice gives it some tropical flavor to go along with all that booze.
Non-Alcoholic Hot Tub Beverages for Party Poopers
Want to relax in the hot tub without getting tipsy? We've got you covered with these perfectly potion-themed mocktails.
Apple Cider Mocktail
Warm up with the cozy flavors of apple cider in mocktail form.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Apple slices for garnish
- Heat up apple cider and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
The honey adds a hint of sweetness to tart and aromatic apple cider.
Berry Brain Mocktail
These blood-red berry flavors are to die for!
- 10 raspberries
- 10 blueberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- Muddle raspberries and blueberries in a glass to extract juices.
- Pour in lime juice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with extra berries.
The sweet and tart berry flavors pair perfectly with fizzy lemon-lime soda.
This non-alcoholic ginger beer cocktail looks realistically creepy!
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp grenadine
- Lime wedge and small Swedish fish for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice
- Pour in ginger beer, lime juice and grenadine.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Top with a lime wedge to look like eyes.
- Add a Swedish fish hanging over the rim to resemble a tarantula!
With its red hue and suspended Swedish fish, this drink really does look like a hairy arachnid taking a dip in your glass. But it's refreshing rather than frightening to actually drink. The ginger beer offers some spice while grenadine provides sweetness.
Customize Your Hot Tub Halloween Beverages
Part of the fun of hot tub drink recipes is coming up with your own twists! Try switching up flavors, garnishes and presentations to make these cocktails and mocktails your own.
- For cocktails, consider substituting:
- Vodka for gin or rum
- Triple sec for other citrus liqueurs
- Cranberry juice for pomegranate or other fruit juices
- For mocktails, try:
- Using ginger ale instead of ginger beer
- Adding berries or orange slices for flavor
- Switching in apple juice or sparkling water
And don’t forget about festive additions like candy corn swizzles, ghost stirrers, or custom ice cubes!
Keep Your Tub Hot with an Insulated Cover
A properly insulated spa cover is always recommended, but especially when you'll have the tub open frequently to replenish party drinks. Otherwise, all that heat will escape and drinks won't stay hot for long!
Invest in a thick, tapered foam cover with protective vinyl and ample insulation. This will trap heat, slow evaporation, and keep out leaves and other debris when the tub is not in use.
Check out our selection of insulated hot tub covers here to find one that fits your spa model and matches your Halloween décor. Keeping the heat in ensures you can enjoy steamy soaks all season long.
Have a Swinging Monster Mash!
Hopefully these hot tub cocktail and mocktail ideas have inspired your Halloween hot tub plans! Just remember to party responsibly - assign a designated lifeguard, don't overheat and stay hydrated.
With chilling drinks, spooky décor and screaming friends (from jumping into cold water), you're sure to have a gloriously ghoulish time. Just beware of any ghosts trying to join the fun in your hot tub!